Headquarters House, built in 1853, one of the loveliest examples of
Greek Revival is located in the heart of the Washington-Willow Historic
District at 118 East Dickson Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
· Archibald Yell Law Office was built in the early 1830's, and
was moved to the grounds of Headquarters House Museum in the 1990's.
The office was used by Arkansas's second Governor and first Congressman.
The story of Archibald Yell is of the frontier period in Arkansas History.
· Sarah Bird Northrup Ridge House, 1836, is
a post Trail of Tears site and is Fayetteville's oldest
standing residence located at 230 Center Street, Fayetteville,
· Visitors, Tourist, Tour Operators, Teachers and members of
WCHS call for reservations at 479-521-2970; please leave message.
· Tours and programs, lasting from 35 minutes
to 2 hours and ranging from $ 8.00 to $ 30.00 per
person, may be scheduled by calling the museum office
· Our office hours are subject to change, please see the homepage
for our most recent listed hours of operation.
· Walking Tours of the Washington/Willow Historic District begin
at Headquarters House.
· Motor Coach Tours are a favorite at Headquarters House. We
have inside seating capacity for 45-50 visitors. Receptive services,
catering, group tours, step-on services are available.
WCHS Educational Outreach Program Educators and teachers are invited
to enhance their Arkansas History program by visiting Headquarters House
Museum and by requesting an Arkansas living history presentation in
your school. The Washington County Historical Society Living History
Educational Outreach Program is available to teachers of Washington
County by E-mail requesting Classroom Outreach:
Email: email@example.com or Phone: (479)